Goolwa Secondary College was established in 2022 and is focused on providing contemporary learning experiences and curriculum. The College facilitates a digital learning environment through a 1:1 device program. Through a hire-purchase agreement, all students are provided with a Lenovo L13 Yoga Gen2 and our teaching staff deliver learning through Microsoft 0365 (Microsoft Onenote and Teams).
Our vision is to support our whole community to Realise New Possibilities and digital acceleration is one part of this wider goal. Some of the small steps taken already to achieve this goal include:
- employment of a Microsoft Trainee
- creating an Innovation Space which delivers IMVR (Immersive Virtual Reality) robotics and Augmented Reality
- Ideation Studio’s equipped with high powered desktop devices for CAD and photoshop
- among the first secondary schools in SA to implement the Education Management System (EMS) and Frog
- Abobe Creative Cloud licenses for all staff and students
We look forward to working with students, teachers and the community to capture what technology will best enhance and accommodate the needs of our wider community.